Featured Post

Books To The Ceiling

Books to the ceiling, books to the sky. My piles of books are a mile high. How I love them! How I need them! I'll have a long beard...

Monday, October 6, 2014

No one can afford to live in New York!


“Whenever people say ‘I can’t really afford to live in New York,’ I say ‘No one can afford to live in New York! You just stay here and as long as you’re not in jail, you’re living in New York. You have no idea how you paid all this rent. If you add up all your rent from 1968, you realize you can be like, a prince from Dubai. How did you pay this? You don’t know. The entire time I lived here, I lived inside. It’s an amazing feat! I don’t know how I did it. I don’t. I don’t know how you do it. Neither do you.”

Fran Lebowitz On New York’s Lack of Affordability

No comments:

Post a Comment